- Welcome to the new academic year 2019-2020
- To celebrate the end of a fantastic term, tomorrow is party day! Everyone can come to school in non-uniform ready for an afternoon of festive activities and movies, plus a special American-style party lunch!
- Well done to Foundation Stage who performed a magnificent fairytale land nativity show. Thank you to all of our friends and family for coming.
- Diwali and Children in Need
It’s been a busy week as always, this week we have focussed our learning on the Hindu Festival of Light, Diwali.
We have made Diva lamps.
We have made Rangoli patterns.
We have also made lots of Mehndi patterns on hand prints.
Some of us have dressed in a traditional sari.
To top our week off we have celebrated Children in Need in style; Pyjamas.
Here are some other pictures from this week:
Lots of love
- A Fun-filled Week
Its been a busy week full of laughter and fun.
FS1 children have been superstars in their Phonics. We have been using our listening skills and practising rhythms and rhymes.
We have also been drawing our families.
F2 children have been practising using their phonetic skills to support their learning in Literacy.
F2 children also won the ‘What’s in the Box’ treat. They won a pyjama afternoon and after, we had bedtime stories with our favourite people… You!
Here are a few more photos from this week.
It really has been a fantastic week.
- FS2 Superstars!
FS2 won the 100% homework ‘What’s In The Box’ competition on Friday and they will be receiving their prize tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday)!
Each week, all the children in school are expected to complete their homework and reading every day. Any classes who have 100% completed homework (this means all children must complete all pieces including daily reading!) win a prize from the ‘What’s In The Box’ box which they get on a Tuesday afternoon.
FS2 won a ‘TV and Doughnut’ treat which they will be enjoying on Tuesday afternoon and they are very excited!!
- FS Reading
Thank you to those of you who attended our first reading workshop. Remember there is another chance to attend on Wednesday 26th September when we will be running our second session. The session will be in the FS classroom so you can come straight in after collecting your child at the end of the day. We hope to see you all there 🙂
- Our FS weather wizards have been out exploring the puddles and enjoying this heavy rain.
- Reading Workshop
- New call ducks join our FS farm.