- Fusion Creative Camps
FUSION Creative Camps – Coming to Barnsley in Summer 2020
FUSION Creative Camps are coming to Barnsley… an all new, interactive online holiday club for families.
Over three weeks this summer professional artists and cultural organisations will introduce weekly challenges for children to explore via drama, art, crafts, forest school, music and dance activities using Zoom. Families will be supported by the artists via a closed Facebook group with an online group show and tell at the end of their week to celebrate everyone’s achievements!
The activities are designed to be fun and as easy as possible for families of all artistic abilities to take part. There will be at least one option that does not require the use of any resources and those that do will be made up of basic materials found around the house.
How to take part in Creative Camps weekly themed activities…
Step 1: Families sign up for a FREE weekly themed activity via Eventbrite – including Explorers and Exploration, This Is Me and Outdoor Adventuring.
Step 2: Watch a short film where the artist introduces the activities.
Step 3: Online interactive session (no more than 40 mins) – an opportunity for families to meet the artist/organisation who will set the challenge. Families have a week to complete their chosen activity.
Step 4: Mid-week Facebook drop-in session where families can get creative in real time, show each other what they have created so far and get helpful hints and tips.
Step 5: Virtual show and tell – practitioners will run a show and tell at the end of the week OR give the option for families to send photos of their work to an online gallery on Fusion’s website.
Families can sign up for as many weeks as they like, just one or all three! Activities will be suitable for children aged from 4 to 11 years. Participating artists include Chol Theatre, Barnsley Museums, Open College of the Arts, Barnsley Libraries and many more.
- Consultation on becoming an Academy
Consultation on becoming an Academy
The Department for Education has approved the application for Goldthorpe Primary School to become an Academy and join a Multi Academy Trust, Delta Academies Trust (Delta). Delta Academies Trust was chosen as the preferred sponsor of the school following a robust interview and selection process.
Please click the link below to read the letter for parents/carers regarding this process. At the bottom of the letter you will find a link to click to submit your views in the consultation.
- School Closure Update June 2020
Please be advised that school will remain fully closed on Monday 15th June & until further notice owing to continued issues with the boiler. Please continue to look out for text/tweet updates as to when this has been resolved & school is able to reopen. Thank you for your support
- School Closure update June 2020
Unfortunately school will remain fully closed until further notice owing to ongoing issues with the boiler. We apologise for any inconvenience and hope to have this fixed as soon as possible. Please look out for text/tweet updates for whether we will be able to re-open on Monday 15th June 2020.
- Our Y6 pupils have been learning the skills required to become life savers. Thanks to Hand on Heart and Kostal Uk who provided us with the defibrillator. Our knowledge could increase survival chances from 6% to 74%. #savingliveswithdefibrilators
- Our Eco Warrior of the week has been revealed.
- We have been out and about in our community today taking part in a litter pick at a much loved playground and sports field. As you can see the children worked really hard and collected lots of rubbish. #EcoWarriors
- What a boost to all our lunchtime activities and after school clubs. We have turned Jayden’s donation into lots of playground sport equipment that the whole school can enjoy. The children are all really excited to get out and play with all this new equipment.
- One of our School Councillors dressed up as an elf along with his family to host a community Santa’s grotto. Not only did he create the magic of Christmas for many other children, he has kindly donated a whopping £113 towards the schools outdoor education programme. #inspiration
- Thank you to the Weekender for celebrating our Eco Warriors. Our children have been working hard to create green hotspots for our community and wildlife to enjoy. Thanks to the support of the Woodland Trust.