- Coronavirus Update
Department for Education
We are continuing to keep you updated on the government’s response to Coronavirus. Public Health England advises that the risk to individuals remains low.
Public Health England has issued tailored guidance for education settings, which you can find at:
Updates on Coronavirus:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
Public Health England blog:
- Staffing Announcement
Communication from the Chair of IEB, Sarah Creighton
Mrs Fields has taken the decision to leave us 30th April and would like to take the opportunity to wish you all the very best for the future. We thank her for her commitment and leadership over the past seven years.
- Our Y6 pupils have been learning the skills required to become life savers. Thanks to Hand on Heart and Kostal Uk who provided us with the defibrillator. Our knowledge could increase survival chances from 6% to 74%. #savingliveswithdefibrilators
- Our magic breakfast was in full swing this morning. We have received a great response from all the children. Thanks to the support of Bagel Nash. More fresh off the press food bright and early tomorrow. #NSBP #fuelforlearning #schoolbreakfast
- What a boost to all our lunchtime activities and after school clubs. We have turned Jayden’s donation into lots of playground sport equipment that the whole school can enjoy. The children are all really excited to get out and play with all this new equipment.
- One of our School Councillors dressed up as an elf along with his family to host a community Santa’s grotto. Not only did he create the magic of Christmas for many other children, he has kindly donated a whopping £113 towards the schools outdoor education programme. #inspiration
- Thank you to the Weekender for celebrating our Eco Warriors. Our children have been working hard to create green hotspots for our community and wildlife to enjoy. Thanks to the support of the Woodland Trust.
- To all our families and friends of Goldthorpe Primary School.
- Don’t forget to visit Santa’s Grotto on Hope Avenue on Sunday 23rd and Monday 24th between 3.30pm-6.00 pm. It is only £2.50 per child so make sure you book your place before the big day. Beverages are also available.