We believe that wearing a uniform demonstrates a real sense of belonging, and we expect that all children will want to wear our uniform with pride. We ask, therefore, that parents and carers support us in maintaining the highest standards of uniform, which has been chosen by the children and which is smart, practical, comfortable and inexpensive.
Our uniform is:
- Navy polo shirt
- Turquoise sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo (designed by the children)
- Dark grey or black trousers, skirt or pinafore
- Blue and white gingham or striped dresses can be worn during the summer term
- Black footwear (trainers acceptable if black)
Every child is given one jumper/cardigan and polo shirt free of charge when they join the school. Further school jumpers/cardigans are available from the school office and polo shirts are available from the Tesco Uniform Embroidery Service.
We also ask parents to provide a PE kit as follows:
- Black shorts
- Plain white T-shirt
- Pumps for indoor PE
- Trainers for outdoor games
- A tracksuit is useful on cold winter days
Most PE work in the hall is done in bare feet as recommended by the LEA. For games sessions in the winter, children should be equipped with an old sweater or tracksuit to keep them warm. Long hair must be tied back in school for reasons of health and hygiene.
As a general rule we prefer children not to wear jewellery. However, if children have pierced ears they may wear small studs only. In line with Local Authority guidance, all children must be able to remove their own jewellery for PE and swimming in order to take part.